The Detroit 0% Home Repair Loans Program offers 0% interest loans from $5,000 to $25,000 to help Detroit homeowners invest in and repair their homes – promoting public health and safety, increasing property values and helping residents secure and maintain homeowner’s insurance.
- Homeowners must own and occupy their home for at least six months prior to applying.
- Low-income homeowners can apply no matter where they live. View the income table to learn more.
- Regardless of income, homeowners in designated areas in each city council district can still apply. See the map.
- The minimum credit score is 560. If you don’t qualify for a loan, we’ll help you improve your credit score with free credit counseling.
- Homeowner’s insurance and taxes must be current.
- The homeowner must be able to afford the loan payments.
- Correcting health and safety hazards (required)
- Electrical repairs;
- Furnace replacement;
- Roof replacement;
- Door and window replacement, restoration or maintenance;
- Porches and structural support.
You can also visit one of the 12 Intake Centers as well as any City of Detroit Rec Center to pick up an application for a home repair loan. When you have completed the application and compiled all of the required documents, please contact an Intake Center to schedule an appointment to submit your application.