The Detroit 0% Home Repair Loans Program offers 0% interest loans from $5,000 to $25,000 to help Detroit homeowners invest in and repair their homes – promoting public health and safety, increasing property values and helping residents secure and maintain homeowner’s insurance.
- Homeowners must own and occupy their home for at least six months prior to applying.
- Low-income homeowners can apply no matter where they live. View the income table to learn more.
- Regardless of income, homeowners in designated areas in each city council district can still apply. See the map.
- The minimum credit score is 560. If you don’t qualify for a loan, we’ll help you improve your credit score with free credit counseling.
- Homeowner’s insurance and taxes must be current.
- The homeowner must be able to afford the loan payments.
- Correcting health and safety hazards (required)
- Electrical repairs;
- Furnace replacement;
- Roof replacement;
- Door and window replacement, restoration or maintenance;
- Porches and structural support.
You can also visit one of the 14 Intake Centers as well as any City of Detroit Rec Center to pick up an Intake Form. When you have completed the intake forms and compiled all required documentation, make an appointment with an Intake Center to review and submit your intake forms.