This checklist may be changed and/or amended at any time, as needed, by the City of Detroit.
- Signed home repair application (includes authorization to release information to lender to run a credit report;
- Copy of current Driver’s License or State ID; and
- Passport, birth certificate, certificate of citizenship (to prove residency); please note: if you have an enhanced license a passport & birth certificate are not required.
- Recorded Warranty Deed (available at Wayne County Register of Deeds 400 Monroe Ave #700, Detroit, MI 48226);
- Proof of current Homeowners Insurance or at least one (1) quote for Homeowners Insurance;
- Most recent paid tax bill (available at Wayne County Register of Deeds 400 Monroe Ave #700, Detroit, MI 48226);
- Proof of payment plan with the Treasurer’s Office & 3 paid receipts (if taxes are delinquent);
- Signed income verification forms (for all household members over 18);
- Proof of Occupancy – most recent utility bill
- Two (2) most recent paystubs, social security statement or proof of other sources of income;
- Most recent two (2) years of federal income tax returns with completed schedules; if tax exempt a signed affidavit is required;
- Two (2) most recent bank statements